competition – CLOSED
Opening date: January 29th, 2021
Submission deadline: February 26th, 2021
This program is intended as a springboard to initiate and promote an innovative, non-funded research component, which is not part of the member’s regular scientific program. Through this program, the scientist will be able to verify the feasibility of an innovative concept and gather preliminary data that will allow them to submit a complete application to the major granting agencies. Eligible investigators are:
- New investigators in Quebec (within 3 years of appointment to a research position) that initiate their research programs prior obtaining support from a major granting agency;
- Junior investigators (appointed for less than 5 years as of September 30 of the present year) that initiate their research programs and that have not yet received funding from a major granting agency. A budget of $25,000 annually is also secured for this category of applicants;
- Established investigators that are launching a new research direction in their labs.
This program is also intended to support the emergence of new multi-investigator research teams who wish to combine their respective expertise in order to accumulate data for team / group funding from a major granting agency.
- Total funding envelope of 100 000 $.
- A maximum amount of $25 000 may be granted per project;
- Eligible expenses must be in accordance with FRQ-S policies;
- Spending on this project must be completed by the end date provided in the ‘Notice of Award’. In exceptional situations, a 6-month extension may be granted.
The proposal should be written in Times 12, with margins of 2.5 cm.
Download the forms:
You can apply using the online application system accessible via our « APPLY » button below.
Before starting the application process:
- Fill out the following form : demande_projet_pilote.docx
- Please make sure to have the documents requested in the form ready (eg ethics approval if needed, contributors CV)