The vision of the QPRN is to be a leader in representing a wide range of research stakeholders in the search to understand the cellular and molecular basis of pain, to improve our assessment and treatment (pharmacological and non-pharmacological) of pain, to improve prevention efforts, as well as to ensure efficient and effective knowledge translation to adopt best practices in the multiple sectors of our healthcare system.
We aim at achieving our goals through cohesive efforts between a group of 90 researchers associated to the four University Health Networks (Réseaux universitaires intégrés de santé; RUIS) of the province of Quebec: Université Laval, McGill University, Université de Montréal and Université de Sherbrooke, and to the Université du Québec network, Concordia University, Bishop University and TELUQ.
The network also benefits from collaborations with partners of choice as well as clinical experts.
Funding of the QPRN
- Financially support the Pain Network
- Stimulate cutting edge research on chronic pain
- Perfect the public and health care professional’s education on chronic pain
- Improve our background knowledge on persistent pain
- Contribute to enhancing physicians judgement for diagnosing and treating persistent pain
QPRN Management committee
QPRN direction committee
The Management Committee of the network is composed of the Management Committee and:
- A representative of the Quebec Chronic Pain Association (AQDC)
- A representative of the Quebec Network of Junior Pain Investigators (QNJPI)
- A representative from each university
QPRN scientific committee
The Scientific Committee of the network is composed of the Management Committee as well as the Directors of the Strategic Initiatives and of the Technical Platforms.