The mission of the Pain Network is to contribute through basic, clinical, evaluative and epidemiological research to the improvement of the quality of life of Quebecers who suffer from chronic pain.
Click on the image to see how QPRN fulfils its mission :
Structure of the QPRN
We aim at achieving this mission through cohesive efforts between a group of 90 researchers associated to the four University Health Networks (Réseaux universitaires intégrés de santé; RUIS) of the province of Quebec: Université Laval, McGill University, Université de Montréal and Université de Sherbrooke, and to the Université du Québec network and Concordia University.
Funding of the QPRN
- Financially support the Pain Network
- Stimulate cutting edge research on chronic pain
- Perfect the public and health care professional’s education on chronic pain
- Improve our background knowledge on chronic pain
- Contribute to enhancing physicians judgement for diagnosing and treating chronic pain
QPRN Management committee
QPRN direction committee
The Management Committee of the network is composed of the Management Committee and:
- A representative of the Quebec Chronic Pain Association (AQDC)
- A representative of the Quebec Network of Junior Pain Investigators (QNJPI)
- A representative from each university
QPRN scientific committee
The Scientific Committee of the network is composed of the Management Committee as well as the Directors of the Strategic Initiatives and of the Technical Platforms.