CONCOURS #1 – CLOSED
Submissions deadline: December 15th 2020
Eligibility period: February 1st to July 31st 2021
CONCOURS #2 – OPEN JUNE 15TH
Submissions deadline: Exceptionally July 13th 2020
Eligibility period: August 1st 2020 to January 31st 2021
In order to nurture the next generation of researchers for them to gain confidence and visibility, the Pain Network grants travel awards for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows to attend conferences related to pain, neuroscience or related disciplines.
How to get our next generation of Canadian researchers motivated?
SHOW OFF YOUR RESULTS! Have them make their research shine, and have them discussing with colleagues to launch new collaborations.
As a QPRN member, you supervise them so they produce good results.
In exchange, the QPRN selects the most motivated candidates and we support them to spread their work abroad!
A mission to which we are dedicated at the Pain Network.
- Financial support for an oral or poster presentation at national and international conferences.
- Awards are capped at a maximum of $1,000.
- Maximum of 6 proposals per laboratory per year.
***Students who obtain a travel award have to make a vulgarized presentation in one of AQDC’s support groups. Travel expenses for the selected students/fellows will be covered by the QNJPI. More details will be given to the participants.***
- Be a registered trainee at a Quebec university engaged in pain-related research;
- Be supervised by a regular or associate member of the Quebec Pain Research Network;
- Be a member of the Quebec Network of Junior Pain Investigators (QNJPI);
- Have an abstract accepted for a presentation at a national (Canadian) or international conference.
Instructions for travel award payment
- The Pain Network will ONLY reimburse your investigator’s research budget.
- Provide the congress receipts to your institution to file a claim according to the usual procedure of your institution.
- When your claim is completed in your institution’s system, ask your administrative agent, or accounting department representative to send an invoice to the Pain Network amounting to a maximum of 1 000 $, corresponding either to the total or a fraction of your congress expenses (i.e. if your congress expenses were 600.78$, the invoice should be of 600.78$ and NOT 1 000$. The Pain Network will not cover for congress expenses of co-workers).
The address on the invoice must be :
Université de Sherbrooke
Réseau québécois de recherche sur la douleur
ATTN : Pr Louis Gendron
3001, 12e Avenue Nord
Sherbrooke (QC) J1H 5N4
(819) 821-8000 #72555
- Send us in the next 6 weeks following the date of the conference
- The expense report including all the receipts (generated by your institution)
- The institution invoice to Pain Network (generated by your institution)
- Your poster, in a medium resolution (max 2 Mo) PDF, in order for the QPRN board to confirm that you acknowledge our support by including our logo and the logo of the QNJPI on your poster. If there is no mention of the support provided by the QPRN and the QNJPI, your refund will be rejected and you will lose your award.
- A cheque will be sent to your investigator’s institution within 2 to 6 weeks.
You can apply using the online application system accessible via our « APPLY » button below. Before starting the application process, please fill out that form: concours_je_maffiche.docx