The QPRN decided to organize a series of webinars in which the activities of the network and its members will be presented. You will find on this page the program for these webinars as well as the dates and links for accessing the webinar.
THIS PAGE WILL BE REGULARLY UPDATED
These webinars will take place every 3rd Friday of the month from 12-1PM and will be followed by a discussion period.
Register as a speaker by clicking here.
One step at a time can make all the difference
Date: June 16, 2023 from 12-1PM
Rubens da Silva Ph.D – Moving the upper body: an important body part for postural balance in older adults with chronic low back pain
Laurie-Ann Corbin-Berrigan, Ph.D
Hosted by Jacques Abboud, Ph.D
Join the meeting
Persistent pain and marginalized populations
Date: September 22, 2023 from 12-1PM
Kathleen Rice, Ph.D
Stéphanie Cormier, Ph.D
Join the meeting
Persistent pain and multimorbidy
Date: October 20, 2023 from 12-1PM
Chan Gao, Ph.D
Lynn Gauthier, Ph.D.
Join the meeting
SEX, Gender, hormones and pain
Date: November 17, 2023 from 12-1PM
Sarah Maheux-Lacroix, M.D., Ph.D
Join the meeting
- Writing an evidence brief, is it rocket science?
Jean-Sébastien Roy, Ph.D and François Desmeules, Ph.D – Ups and downs of putting together a clinical practice guide
Ahmad Firas Khalid, M.D. Ph.D – Evidence summaries to inform real-time decision-making
- Suffering and Pain: What is the difference?
Peter Stilwell, Ph.D and Mr Keith Meldrum – Pain and suffering
- Pediatric Pain Management, hosted by Dr Sylvie Lafrenaye
Céline Thibault, M.D., Ph.D – Pediatric pain management in intensive care
Marie-Joëlle Doré-Bergeron, M.D. – Sickle cell disease: Empowering young patients to better manage their pain
- Psychological aspects of pain, hosted by Anne Hudon, Ph.D
Estelle Carde, M.D., Ph.D – Mind vs body, an attempt to deny the reality of pain
Stéphanie Cormier Ph.D – It takes a village…to adapt to chronic pain!
- Customizing Pain Treatments, hosted by Dr Anne Marie Pinard
Aline Hajj, Ph.D – Customizing pain management in oncology
Marc-André Blanchette Ph.D – Learning Healthcare System: Is it more than just a trend?
- Opioids and chronic pain: stigma, judicious use and safety
Watch Mélanie Bérubé’s talk – Development of interdisciplinary strategies to prevent long-term opioid use in trauma patients
Watch Gabrielle Pagé’s talk – Quebec Consortium on judicious opioid use
- Window on current research on cannabis use in the community
Watch Arsène Zongo’s talk – Observational studies to study the safety of medical cannabis
Watch Anaïs Lacasse’s talk – Cannabis use among people living with chronic pain
Watch Edeltrault Kröger’s talk – Cannabis against chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Imaging and pain research
Watch Maryse Fortin’s talk – Quantify the effect of exercice therapy on paraspinal muscles in chronic low back pain
Watch Mathieu Roy’s talk – The role of brain and spinal imaging techniques in pain research
- Return to work and pain: Is it possible? Do we want it?
Watch Nabiha Benyamina’s talk – Working with pain : The story of the Quebec police officers with low back pain
Watch Junie Carrière’s talk – The psychology pain : expectations and return to work
- New trends in pain treatment, use of wearable technologies
Watch Jason Bouffard’s talk – Use of sensors for detection and prevention of movements that may contribute to the development of upper limb pain
Watch Caroline Arbour’s talk – Pupillometry to predict pain and opioid-related complications in neurotrauma critical care
- Continuum of care for pain and management of drug adverse effects
Watch Mélanie Bérubé’s talk – Pain management strategies and adverse effets of pain medications
Watch Benjamin Pageaux’s talk – The effects of fatigue and pain on effort perception during physical tasks
- Inequalities in persistent pain, when Qualitative research leads to a better understanding
Watch Léonie Archambault’s talk – Inequalities in persistent pain: Chronic pain in people with opioid use disorders
Watch Jennifer Cohen-Reyes’s talk – Access to mental health services for people with persistent pain
- Breakthroughs in artificial intelligence for pain research
Watch Etienne Vachon-Presseau’s talk – Applying machine learning in the UKBiobank to study chronic pain
Watch Isabelle Savard’s talk – Use of data from the My Pain Management portal for educational purposes
- Fundamental research: How do we create an accessible language for all?
Watch Gaëlle Bourriquen’s talk – Basics of scientific communication
- Exploring Alternative therapies and non-invasive technologies for pain management
Watch Sonia Font del Pino’s talk – Photobiomodulation, a non-invasive alternative therapy for pain management
Watch Cyril Schneider’s talk – Non-invasive and painless stimulation of the nervous system in chronic pain
- We answer your questions about pain research! (patients invited)
Watch Sylvie Beaudoin’s talk – When pain drives RE-search!
Watch Erwan Leclair’s talk – Solutions for people in pain lie at the heart of the Pain Network
- Annual general meeting of the QPRN
- Let’s talk about pilote projects
Watch Tania Augière’s presentation
Watch Laura Stone’s presentation
- QNJPI students blitz presentations
Watch Alexia Coulombe-Lévêque’s presentation
Watch Andréa Zangrandi’s presentation
- FRQ-S renewal of the QPRN
- From acute to chronic pain; understanding the transition
Watch Jean-Sébastien Roy’s presentation
Watch Claudia Côté-Picard’s presentation
- Molecular tools and pain circuits mapping
Watch Elnaz Alikarami’s presentation
- Pros and cons of preclinical research
Watch Magali Millecamps’s presentation
- Knowledge transfer : where are we?